5 Steps to Cleaning Sterling Silver Jewelry
- Use a few drops of mild dishwashing liquid soap and mix with 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Dip a plain cleaning cloth made of 100% cotton and dip into the water.
- Gently clean the surface of your sterling silver jewelry with the moistened cloth.
- Rinse jewelry in clean water
- Allow jewelry to dry before storing
NOTE: For any sterling silver jewelry purchased on the Catholic Faith Store DO NOT use a sterling silver cleaner as the caustic cleaner will erode the finish. Our sterling silver pendants are coated with a protective coat to protect against tarnishing. This coating is either a protective lacquer or high-polished rhodium.
Sterling silver jewelry is very popular and with good reason, it’s beautiful and durable. But due to its physical properties and the effects of air and humidity as well as personal body chemistry, sterling silver can tarnish over time. This is easily prevented by periodic cleaning.
Other helpful hints for your sterling silver jewelry:
- To extend the time to tarnish, store your sterling silver jewelry in an air-tight container to keep out air and humidity
- Keep away from chlorine bleach and other household products.
- Chemicals in detergents and lotions can erode the finish of sterling silver.
- Take off your jewelry swimming, showering, and washing dishes.
- Remember that your sterling silver can easily scratch so always use a soft cloth and mild cleaning solutions.
If you are still having issues with your jewelry purchased through the Catholic Faith Store, please feel free to contact us.Pin It